- Located just 27 miles north of downtown Detroit
- CNN / Money Magazine recognized Rochester's excellent quality of life in 2009 by naming it as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live.
- Rochester was also featured by U.S. News and World Report’s “The Best Life” serious by Philip Moeller as being one of the “10 Best Places for Lifelong Learning.”
- Rochester is just minutes from Oakland University, Rochester College, and Oakland Community College. There are over 26 other major colleges and universities in southeastern Michigan.
- Rochester’s workforce is highly educated, with 52% of its population having obtained a bachelor’s degree or higher. This makes Rochester an ideal location for any leading edge company to establish operations.
- The City of Rochester features a historic, vibrant, and thriving downtown which has been recognized as one of the best in the State of Michigan and nationally.
How the City Can Help Your Business
The City of Rochester's Economic Development Team and it's partners can help you establish or grow your business.
The City of Rochester is committed to working closely with entrepreneurs, business owners, and developers to provide a business-friendly climate while meeting the needs of the community. Additionally, the city has partnered with the MORE Program to connect entrepreneurs with resources to help their business.
Contact Nik Banda, Economic & Community Development Director and Deputy City Manager by email or at 248-651-9061 to find out more about the resources and incentives the city can offer your business. We look forward to hearing from you.