Information on Holding Block Parties & Subdivision Picnics

All Block Parties & Subdivision Picnics Require Permission from the City

If you are planning to hold a block party, subdivision picnic, or large public gathering that may require road closures, please fill out and submit the Block Parties and Subdivision Picnics Special Event Application at least one month prior to your event. The request will go before City Council for approval after being reviewed by city departments.

There are usually no charges associated with block parties and subdivision picnics. The purpose of this process is to ensure all events that take place in the City of Rochester are as safe and well-organized as possible for the protection of all those who attend.

All applications are reviewed by the city departments, and final approval will be given by the City Council.

During the process, if you have any questions, please contact the chief of police at 248-651-9621.

The City of Rochester looks forward to working with you and hopes that your event is successful and safe!